Candle-Making Party Policies and Waiver of Liability | Terms and Conditions
The host of the party can secure a reservation with a non-refundable deposit of $60 which will go towards two guest participating in the party. Once the party is confirmed, the host will receive a link to distribute to each guest to pay individually or the host can make a one-time payment for the party. Please book at least 21 days in advance. If you are paying for an invoice for your private party, invoices must be paid in full 14 days prior to the event no later than 12:00 pm EST with the sum that meets the minimum requirement for your party. If a link is being distributed to your attendees, the minimum number of attendees must have registered and paid for their ticket at least 14 days prior to your party.
Rescheduling after the deposit has been paid will incur a fee of $50.00. All order deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to other orders, events or people.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- I understand that deposits are non-refundable as deposits cover supplies ordered for the event and secure the date and time of the set event.
- I understand that I must be at least 18 years of age or older to pay this invoice for a private candle-making workshop.
- I understand all sales are final and that refunds and exchanges are not available.
- We practice and teach attendees safe handling of candle making during the workshop and Candle-making parties. Gourmet Candle does not take responsibility for the mishandling of hot wax that may result in injuries on any level. I understand that it is up to me to ensure that I follow all the safety instructions that Gourmet Candle has provided.
- I acknowledge and give rights for Gourmet Candle’s employee usage of any photos taken during the event. Event photography is used for promotional, digital, print and social media marketing.
- I understand that if the minimum of 10 guests is not met, the difference between the minimum and the number of guest attending must be paid before the party can take place.
- I understand that I must advise guest to arrive on time as we will abide by the preset schedule. We will not stop the class for guest arriving past the 20 minute "scent selection" window but will have selections available for late guest. Events lasting over the 2-hour scheduled time (due to guest lateness) will result in $25 for each 15 minutes past the scheduled time.
- I understand that children under the age of 10 present a safety hazard and are NOT PERMITTED in the candle-making room due to the extreme temperature of hot wax we’ll be working with as they are an insurance liability. Guest with a child under the age of 10 present will be asked to leave and will be refunded for 1 ticket unless guest wishes for a current guest to create candles for them.
- I understand that if the balance of my event is not paid within 2 weeks/14 days prior to the event (by 12:00 pm EST), then my event will be cancelled.
- I understand that all on-site events held at the location of my choice will require a transportation fee based on my distance traveled to my location. The transportation fee covers mileage, time traveled and any meter or lot parking expenses. Transportation fees are due no later than 14 days (by 12:00 pm EST) prior to the event. Failure to pay transportation fee will result in the cancellation of the event.
- I understand that I am responsible for the tables and chairs for my guest for my scheduled candle-making event.
Gourmet Candle Workshop Waiver of Liability:
This agreement releases Gourmet Candle from all liability relating to injuries that may occur during a candle-making workshop. By completing my Candle-making class deposit, I agree to hold Gourmet Candle entirely free from any liability, including financial responsibility for injuries incurred, regardless of whether injuries are caused by negligence. I also agree to hold Gourmet Candle entirely free from any liability, including financial responsibility for injuries incurred, regardless of whether the injuries were incurred off the premises of Gourmet Candle. I will also make every effort to obey safety precautions as explained to me verbally. I will ask for clarification when needed.
I also acknowledge the risks involved in participating in a candle-making workshop. These include, but are not limited to, the use of hot wax. I swear that I am participating voluntarily, and that all risks have been made clear to me. Additionally, I do not have any conditions that will increase my likelihood of experiencing injuries while engaging in this activity.
If I am to consume alcohol, I agree that I am over the age of 21 and will drink responsibly and do so at my own risk. I also swear that I have designated a driver or will call a taxi or responsible driver in the event that I am too impaired to drive.
By purchasing your ticket(s), you have acknowledged that you have read and agree to Gourmet Candle's Waiver of Liability and forfeit all rights to bring a suit against Gourmet Candle for any reason. I also agree that I will not use any items created here for promotion of any other business that operates in the same capacity as Gourmet Candle.
Photo and Video Release
By placing your deposit and purchasing your ticket(s), you have acknowledged and given rights to Gourmet Candle’s employee usage of any photos taken during the event. Event photography is used for promotional, digital, print and social media marketing. By entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by Gourmet Candle and its and representatives. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar events in the future, highlight the event.
You release Gourmet Candle, its officers and employees and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings. By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by Gourmet Candle or the person or entity designated to do so by Gourmet Candle. You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the event.
As the purchaser and host of this private candle-making workshop, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform each attendee of my private candle-making workshop of Gourmet Candle's Waiver of Liability and photo and video release policy. By placing your deposit, you have acknowledged and agree to inform each individual attendee/guest of Gourmet Candle's Waiver of Liability and photo and video release policy.
By completing this purchase, you agree and consent to “Gourmet Candle’s Terms and Conditions”, “Gourmet Candle’s Workshop Waiver of Liability” and “Photo and Video Release”. Completing this purchase will form a legal agreement between you and Gourmet Candle.