Join the Gourmet Candle Family!
Job Title: Cashier
Job Type: Part-time, Full-Time, Seasonal
Location: Philadelphia Mills Mall/Franklin Mills Mall
1455 Franklin Mills Cir
Philadelphia, PA 19154
About Gourmet Candle
Gourmet Candle is a handmade, soy candle manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of premium bakery shaped and scented candles. With 8 years in business, Gourmet Candle has a history of offering distinctive products and marketing them as affordable luxuries and consumable gifts. Gourmet Candle sells its products via online through its internet website (www.Gourmetcandle.org) and various gift shops and small businesses throughout the U.S.
Want to work with a product you love and a company who will appreciate you? Gourmet Candle is seeking individuals who are passionate about home décor, fragrance, and LOVE CANDLES. We are seeking an energetic, innovative, and engaged team, who values their people and their development. Not to mention, we offer a generous 30% off employee discount on most products and a monthly bonus package.
As a Cashier, you are responsible for building relationships with our guests to achieve sales, organization and guest engagement within Gourmet Candle. You will help to drive sales & profitability; while providing exemplary guest service, ensuring visual merchandising/presentation and operational standards, processes guest transactions using POS system with speed and accuracy and restocks product that have been sold.
This position is perfect for someone who enjoys an organization that moves swiftly, is open to change, and for someone who really cares about providing and demonstrating exceptional guest service—and can correlate that behavior with driving sales.
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise, and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Inventory tracking and reporting.
- Opening and/or closing shop – shop set up or breakdown.
- Directing customers to merchandise.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales area.
- Cross-selling and upselling products to increase purchase amounts.
- Disinfect surfaces regularly.
- Day Shift
- Afternoon Shift
- Weekend Shift
Flexibility in work schedule is required including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as operational need may require.
- Competitive Wages.
- Monthly Team Bonuses.
- Individual performance based bonuses.
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule.
- Paid Training.
- Paid monthly meeting.
- Added experience to your resume.
- Letter of recommendation upon your 4-month completion based on your performance.
- 1 year in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, customer service environment, preferred.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to sell products is required.
- Ability to effectively sell in a retail setting, and the ability to relate well using communication, interpersonal, diplomacy and related skills required.
- Patient in working with an array of customers.
- ABILITY TO BE BOTH PUNCTUAL AND PROFESSIONAL.
To keep our team safe as possible, we will provide masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer. It is mandatory that we follow the CDC’s guidelines for Covid-19 safety.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.